Salt Flats is an innovation platform with diverse, creative group of disrupters, who challenge the status quo and create tomorrow’s future, today. The Salt Flats team is comprised of thought leaders in entrepreneurship, innovation, corporate strategy, and engineering. Our innovation framework and ecosystem environment, with members in technology, manufacturing, design, change management, start-ups, and venture capital, enables a network of 21st century problem solvers. Salt Flats is key component of a broader portfolio of solution providers which includes Optimity Advisors LLC and Jumpgate Solutions LLC.
When someone is explaining a complex process or idea, do you instinctually draw or diagram it in your head or sketch it on paper? Do you want to join a team that values your time, health, and encourages you to share your thoughts? If the answer is yes, please read on.
We are seeking a dynamic and talented Lead Digital Product Designer who can apply expertise in user experience design, visual design, and digital strategy to create and execute design solutions that meet the client’s business goals. Our ideal candidate understands how people think, operate, and interact with complex sets of data and is comfortable working with designers, developers, data analysts, and product managers to design the user experience for digital products. We are looking for someone who is competent in all aspects of the design process, bring Lean UX methods and strategic thinking into enterprise projects, and establish and grow relationships with clients.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serving in lead capacity on large, complex projects, create user experiences and visual design strategies and solutions for projects based on business objectives and user research
- Serve as subject matter expert in the defined UX and brand standards and the execution of visual, interaction, and motion design
- Facilitate internal team communication, bridging the gap between visual design, functional development, and content
- Communicate the value of UX, UI, and design thinking to clients
- Lead client engagements from a UX perspective
- Lead participatory design activities, e.g., client workshops, card sorting, to understand vision, business model, and user needs and behaviors
- Serve as the voice of the user while meeting the needs of the client
- Combine UX thinking with design execution to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces
- Illustrate user experience using storyboards, information architecture, process flows, user journeys/personas, and sitemaps
- Use design to communicate complex concepts, whether through conversations, frameworks, or ideas
- Derive actionable insights by leading user research activities and translating insights into prototypes
- Provide coaching and guidance to other product designers on the team to elevate our approach to user experience research and design and promote the craft of UX across the organization
- Collaborate with architects, developers, and project teams to ensure design elements are incorporated into development sprints
- Proactively perform competitive research based on product roadmaps
- Plan and facilitate interactive workshops to build consensus around business requirements and design ideas
Internal Design Leadership
- Lead the design team in best practices, design trends, and leading technologies
- Support the development and adoption of design processes, tools, and culture
- Develop, refine, and adhere to design systems and style guides
- Understand and incorporate Design Thinking, Agile Methodologies, Lean Principles and Collective Intelligence into project strategy
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of foundational design principles including type, layout, use of color, etc.
- Deep understanding of user experience best practices and the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Understanding of desktop, mobile web, native iOS and Android platforms, and the ability to provide recommendation when it's best to follow platform-specific conventions.
- Ability to collaboratively go from whiteboard, to sketch, to high fidelity prototype, to live product
- Ability to conduct and apply customer research, including design thinking and rapid prototyping
- Outstanding facilitation, brainstorming, and collaboration skills
- Extensive experience with standard design tools, e.g., Axure, Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Excellent communication, presentation and critical thinking skills.
- Strong sense of collaboration; able to thrive in iterative, cross-disciplinary environments
- Ability to drive consensus via facilitation, storytelling, and brainstorming
- Comfortable trying new things and failing quickly to get to optimal solution
- Open to feedback and willing to learn and improve
- Passionate about creating easy, usable, and smart solutions for humans
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Visual or Interaction Design, or related discipline with a solid foundation in the principles of design; or high school diploma with UX certification from places like General Assembly, Designation, Nielsen Norman Group, or equivalent with at least 7 years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of each year of secondary education
- 8+ years of experience in a Product Design, Digital Design, or UX/UI Design related role
- Display a strong portfolio which demonstrates work across a range of clients
- Authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
- Experience with user research, usability testing, and generating test reports
- Experience in the planning and facilitation of Design Thinking workshops
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with designing and implementing web accessibility for web and mobile
Salt Flats, LLC is an EEO/AA/Veteran/People with Disabilities employer.